Celebrate Friendship Friday with Kidscape and Elmer
Friendship Friday is celebrated each November.
Friendship Friday encourages everyone to see they have a role to play in creating a world that is friendlier and kinder.
We all have a role to play in creating kind and supportive communities where children and young people can feel safe and supported.
In 2019 we were delighted to introduce Elmer the Patchwork Elephant as the official partner of Friendship Friday and look forward to working together in 2020 to spread kindness to many more children and families throughout England and Wales.
Elmer the Patchwork Elephant
The Elmer books are a wonderful way to introduce stories of friendship, kindness and respect with young children. Our school resource pack includes ideas and resources using Elmer to bring Friendship Friday and Anti-Bullying week to life. The pack shares practical ideas to help build communities of support that will pay long term dividends and make our world better for everyone.
These activities are aimed at early years and primary age children as we believe you are never too young to make a difference! Activities for children include spreading love and happiness, making someone smile, laughing with (not at) others, helping one another, celebrating difference and making sure everyone is included.
Walk with Kidscape and Elmer
In the book Elmer's Walk, Elmer and his friend Wilbur take time to stop and enjoy the world around them.
We encourage pre-schools and schools to ‘Walk with Kidscape and Elmer’. This is a great way to help people get to know one another better while enjoying the health benefits of spending time in the great outdoors. We would be over the moon if you could use it as an opportunity to raise funds for Kidscape so we can help many more children and families.
You can find details of how to organise your walk – along with other fundraising ideas – in the pack.
To celebrate Friendship Friday with Kidscape and Elmer, please complete the form below to receive our resources pack and campaign updates.
The following Terms & Conditions apply to the prize draw:
- Prize draws open to organisations only – including (but not limited to) schools, pre-schools, nurseries, children’s centres and children’s groups.
- Winners will be drawn at random after 1st January 2020 (to allow for any money raised to be received by Kidscape) and packs will be dispatched week beginning 13th January 2020.
- The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Only winners will be notified. If you have not received notification by 31st January 2020 please take this as confirmation that you have not won.
- The draws close at midnight on Friday 15th November 2019.
- All organisations fundraising and/or posting on social media will automatically be entered into the draws. To opt out of the competition please email email@example.com.
- The names of the winning organisations may be published on Kidscape’s website and social media channels. By entering, you agree to the name of your organisation being used in this way.
- Organisations MUST copy Kidscape in any social media posts to be entered into the competition.
- Kidscape reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.