Safeguarding and Child Protection Awareness: Early Years
Are you looking for up-to-date safeguarding training that specialises in Early Years?
Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Awareness: Early Years training course has been specifically designed for the Early Years sector (0-5 years).
What are the benefits?
- Enjoy training that's tailored to your sector, looking into current guidance, legislation and statutory regulation of Early Years providers
- Benefit from additional modules on the Prevent Duty, harmful cultural procedures and online safety
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Define child abuse and neglect
- Recognise the signs and symptoms that may indicate the abuse of a child
- Have an awareness of the appropriate legislation and key messages applicable to safeguarding babies, toddlers and children
- Respond appropriately to suspicion or knowledge that a child may be at risk of harm
- Be able to recognise the vulnerabilities to radicalisation
- Be aware of the potential online safety risks
- Deal appropriately with disclosures
- Understand and recognise the different types of abuse that children can be subjected to, including Child Sexual Exploitation, FGM, the Prevent Duty and online safety
- Understand the procedures that practitioners should follow when abuse is suspected
Who is it for?
This course has been specifically designed for the Early Years sector. It is suitable for managers, staff and volunteers.
How do I book?
To register your interest, please complete our training enquiry form.
Do you offer other safeguarding courses?
For those with designated responsibility within your early years settings, you may wish to book our Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection course. This course will build on your existing safeguarding knowledge and is suitable for those wanting a more advanced understanding of processes and procedures, or as a robust update for those with designated responsibility.