Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection
Everybody is responsible for safeguarding children. We all have a responsibility to keep children safe.
Face-to-face delivery duration: 3hrs
Virtual delivery duration: 2.5 hrs
The Kidscape Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection training course provides you with the knowledge and skills you will need to safeguard children.
This course is CPD accredited. All delegates will be presented with a certificate on completion.
"The safeguarding training was exceptional. It covered everything within the 3 hours."
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Be able to define the different types of child abuse.
- Recognise the signs and indicators of various types of abuse and neglect.
- Have an awareness of the appropriate legislation and key messages applicable to safeguarding and the protection of children.
- Respond appropriately to suspicion or knowledge that a child may be at risk of harm.
- Deal appropriately with disclosures.
- Be able to demonstrate the procedures professionals should follow when abuse is suspected.
Staff and volunteers who work with children and young people in schools, nurseries, sports teams, alternative education providers, youth centres, family support venues, community groups, leisure centres and all other environments where adults have a duty of care to young people.
Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection upcoming course dates:
The next dates for our webinar based session are:
- Monday 25th January 2021 6pm - 8.30pm
- Monday 22nd February 2021 6pm - 8.30pm
To register your interest please complete our training enquiry form.