ZAP in Schools: Assertiveness & Resilience workshops
Help challenge bullying in your school with a ZAP in Schools workshop!
ZAP in Schools workshops equip children and young people in Years 5-8 with the skills they need to both recognise and positively respond to bullying behaviour. The 90-minute workshop explores the differences between teasing and bullying and the role of the bystander. Children will lean skills and techniques (known as the Kidscape ZAP tools) that can be confidently used in a potential bullying situation.
What are the benefits?
- Help meet the requirements of the Ofsted framework when it comes to bullying
- Teach children proven practical techniques to deal with a bullying situation
- Increase children's confidence and help them develop a positive sense of self
- Benefit from the expertise of an award-winning national charity
What happens in the workshops?
The ZAP in schools workshops last 90 minutes. They are classroom-based and involve a mixture of activities, role-play and discussion. They are delivered by fully trained Kidscape staff and volunteers, all of whom are DBS checked.
"I felt more confident to help my friends with a bullying situation"
Through taking part in ZAP in school, pupils are able to:
- Understand different forms of bullying and cyberbullying
- Discuss the effects and impact bullying can have on a young person
- Explain the difference between banter, conflict and bullying behaviour
- Empower young people to help others, promoting the upstander role
- Confidently respond to bullying behaviour
- Promote techniques for managing a bullying situation
"The workshop was so valuable for our pupils, giving them the needed tools to challenge bullying behaviour. I would highly recommend the ZAP in Schools workshops"
How do I book?
Our school workshops and training are subsidised through charitable giving.
To find out more about availability and cost in your area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer Mentoring Training
Support to set up a peer mentoring programme in your school or youth setting.