ZAP in Schools: Assertiveness & Resilience
Duration: 90 minutes
The ZAP in Schools programme equips children and young people in Years 5-8 with the skills they need to both recognise and positively respond to bullying behaviour. The 90 minute workshop explores the differences between teasing and bullying and the role of the bystander, sharing skills and techniques (known as the Kidscape ZAP tools) that can be confidently used in a potential bullying situation. Our aim is to increase the confidence of children by providing an empowering and practical workshop that provides proven practical techniques to deal with a bullying situation and challenge harmful behaviour, while also developing a positive sense of self.
The ZAP in schools workshops are classroom based and involve a mixture of activities, role play and discussion.
"I felt more confident to help my friends with a bullying situation"
Through taking part in ZAP in school, pupils are able to:
- List the different forms of bullying and cyberbullying
- Discuss the effects and impact bullying can have on a young person
- Explain the difference between banter, conflict and bullying behaviour
- Empower young people to help others, promoting the upstander role
- Confidently respond to bullying behaviour
- Promote techniques for managing a bullying situation
"The workshop was so valuable for our pupils, giving them the needed tools to challenge bullying behaviour. I would highly recommend the ZAP in Schools workshops"
How to apply
To find out more please email email@example.com
Peer Mentoring Programme
Support to set up a peer mentoring programme in your school or youth setting.