Bullying Awareness Champion Training for Children
Train Bullying Awareness Champions in your school!
Our Bullying Awareness Champion training is based on young people supporting each other. Our aim is to increase children's confidence by providing an empowering workshop that shares practical techniques for recognising and responding to bullying situations, while developing a positive sense of self to take on the Champion role within their school.
Bullying Awareness Champions for Primary (Years 5 and 6)
The 2-hour interactive workshop is classroom-based and involves a mixture of activities, role plays and discussions.
What are the benefits?
- Help children feel safer - explore the feelings and emotions involved in bullying
- Help children understand bullying behaviour – how to tell the difference between banter, conflict and bullying
- Support children to help others – understand the role of the bystander in situations of bullying
- Share tools and techniques to support resilience and assertiveness
- Increase levels of confidence in managing a potential bullying situation, while developing a positive sense of self
- Bullying behaviour and the different types of bullying
- The impact of bullying behaviour
- What to do if bullying happens in your school
- What makes a good Bullying Awareness Champion
- Plan and present what you would like to do to reduce bullying behaviour in your school
“I learnt that is it important to speak about being bullied even if you are really, really scared.” – Year 6
Bullying Awareness Champions for Secondary (Years 7 and 8)
This 3-hour interactive workshop is classroom based and involves a mixture of activities, role plays and discussions.
What are the benefits?
- Help young people feel safer
- Explore the feelings and emotions involved in bullying and cyberbullying
- Help young people know more about the different forms of bullying and cyberbullying
- Explore the effects and impact bullying can have on a young person
- Recognise the difference between banter, conflict and bullying
- Support young people to help others
- Recognise the role of the bystander in situations of bullying
- Increase levels of confidence and provide techniques for managing a bullying situation, while developing a positive sense of self
“I feel more confident to help my friends and other students.” – Year 7 Pupil
How do I book?
To register your interest, please complete our training enquiry form.
Peer Mentoring Training
Support to set up a peer mentoring programme in your school or youth setting.