Sexual violence and sexual harassment in schools and colleges training for staff
Duration: 2 hrs
This is also reflected in new guidance on child on child abuse set out in Keeping children safe in education (KCSIE), which sets out the statutory requirements for educational settings, including post 16 education.
Kidscape’s CPD-accredited course explores the topics of sexual violence, sexual abuse and sexual harassment. It shows how educational settings can develop a ‘it can happen here’ approach, develop a culture of care and support, and embed best practice standards.
What are the benefits?
- Equip your staff to tackle sexual harassment and sexual violence in school
- Learn how to embed best practice standards in your school or college
- Get CPD-accredited training from an award-winning provider
By the end of the course, staff will be able to:
- Understand harmful sexual behaviour (including sexual violence and sexual harassment)
- Know how to take action to create a safe environment, a culture of care
- Learn how to respond calmly and effectively to concerns
- Know how to update your peer-on-peer abuse policy
- Understand how to communicate effectively with the wider community
Who is this course for?
Staff and volunteers who work with children and young people in:
- Alternative education providers
- Youth centres
- Family support venues
- Community groups
- Leisure centres
- All other environments where adults have a duty of care to young people
How do I book?
To register your interest, please complete our training enquiry form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to share that all of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
The advised renewal for this training course is 2 years.
Peer Mentoring Training
Support to set up a peer mentoring programme in your school or youth setting.