Advanced safeguarding and child protection
Advanced safeguarding and child protection training equips delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to perform the function of Designated Safeguarding Lead/Child Protection Officer or similar role within their setting.
This course meets Ofsted guidance and is CPD accredited. All delegates will be presented with a certificate on completion.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the knowledge and skills needed to perform the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead or likewise in their setting.
- Be informed and aware of the latest guidance and legislation relevant to safeguarding and child protection.
- Have an increased awareness of how our values and attitudes can impact on safeguarding.
- Have refreshed and enhanced their knowledge of the signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Understand the child protection system and their role within this.
- Be able to identify good practice when working with children and to reflect on their setting’s policies and procedures.
Managers, senior leaders and professionals who are responsible for the safeguarding process in their setting. To be eligible to attend, all delegates should already have completed some basic safeguarding and child protection training.
Booking information and fees
Courses are held at a training venue in London Victoria. They run between 10am-4pm and cost £185 plus VAT (£222) per delegate.
Upcoming training dates are as follows:
- 6th July 2017
- 13th Sept 2017
- 22nd Nov 2017
To book a place on one of these dates, please click below.
For staff groups of up to 30, this course can be delivered in-house at your school or organisation across the UK and internationally. Whilst we are able to deliver a refresher/half day version of this training, in order to receive CPD accreditation, a full day must be booked.
As a guide, a full day training session within the UK costs £550 plus VAT per group, although this does not include the trainer's travel or accommodation expenses where applicable. International fees can be provided on request.
To make an enquiry, please fill out our enquiry form and a member of our training team will be in contact to discuss a potential booking.
If you would like further information please call us on 020 7730 3300.