Advanced safeguarding and child protection
Advanced safeguarding and child protection training equips delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to perform the function of Designated Safeguarding Lead/Child Protection Officer or similar role within their setting.
This course meets Ofsted guidance and is CPD accredited. All delegates will be presented with a certificate on completion.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand broad definitions of child abuse and neglect.
- Deal appropriately with disclosures.
- Have an awareness of how a child's race, culture, gender and ability inform an assessment of their needs.
- Act appropriately on suspicion or knowledge that a child may be at risk of suffering harm.
- Understand the child protection system and professional roles within this.
- Understand how discrimination can impact on children and families in the child protection system and to develop anti-oppressive practice.
Managers, senior leaders and professionals who are responsible for the safeguarding process in their setting. To be eligible to attend, all delegates should already completed some basic safeguarding and child protection training.
Booking information and fees
Courses are held at a training venue in London Victoria. They run between 10am-4pm and cost £185 plus VAT (£222) per delegate.
Upcoming training dates are as follows:
- 29th November 2016
- 18th January 2017
- 22nd March 2017
To book a place on one of these dates, please click below.
For staff groups of up to 30, this course can be delivered in-house at your school or organisation across the UK and internationally. Whilst we are able to deliver a refresher/half day version of this training, in order to receive CPD accreditation, a full day must be booked.
As a guide, a full day training session within the UK costs £550 plus VAT per group, although this does not include the trainer's travel or accommodation expenses where applicable. International fees can be provided on request.
To make an enquiry, please fill out our enquiry form and a member of our training team will be in contact to discuss a potential booking.
If you would like further information please call us on 020 7730 3300.