Peer mentoring training offers schools and organisations a best practice approach to addressing low level mental health and wellbeing issues, such as bullying, anxiety and friendship conflict that can impact on children and young people in their care.
Young people will be trained to be effective peer mentors with an emphasis on roles and responsibilities, boundaries and communication techniques enabling them to successfully support their peers of a similar age or younger.
On completion of this course participants will have:
- learnt what a peer mentoring programme is and its benefits
- considered the issues that mentees may need support with
- reflected on their role and responsibilities as a peer mentor
- gained communication and active listening skills
- looked at boundaries, confidentiality and what to do when they need to share information about their mentees
- a practical understanding of the role of the peer mentoring programme lead in supporting their peer mentoring.
“I liked that our ideas were listened to and taken on board.” 13 year old peer mentor
“I like that it wasn’t only pen activities; we had interesting discussions and did some fun games.” 14 year old peer mentor
Fees and booking
We recommend a full day to cover the information required. However, we can offer refresher or top-up training within a half-day session. Our specialist trainers can deliver training in your school or organisation across the UK or internationally.
To make a training enquiry please complete this form. A member of our team will then be in touch to discuss a potential booking.
If you would like further information or to talk directly to a member of our team, please call us on 020 7730 3300 or email email@example.com.
Length of session
- Half day (up to 3.5 hours): £420.00
- Full day: £550.00
Please note: These costings are to be considered as a guide only and do not include international bookings or the trainer's travel or accommodation expenses where applicable.