Kidscape peer mentoring training supports young people to resolve conflicts, empower others and befriend those that are finding life difficult.
With appropriate training and supervision peer mentors are able to listen and support fellow young people, helping them deal with some of the emotional challenges they face that could otherwise progress to more serious issues.
Setting up a Peer Mentoring Programme - training for staff
3 hour session (up to a maximum of 20 staff)
- Understand what peer mentoring means and benefits of peer mentoring
- Understand what mental wellbeing means and the issues that affect young people's wellbeing
- Identify and explore what needs to be included in a peer mentoring programme
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of staff and peer mentors
- Investigate and explore the resources that will support staff deliver the programme
- Receive a set of peer mentoring materials to support you set up and deliver your peer mentoring programme
- Produce a plan for setting up your own programme
Peer Mentor Training: Children/Young People (11-16 years old)
This full school day session can be delivered in your setting to up 30 children/young people.
The interactive style of delivery will give potential peer mentors the opportunity to explore the peer mentors role and understand what will be expected of them.
- To understand what peer mentoring is
- Be able to identify the issues young people may need support with and strategies that Peer Mentors could use to support these issues
- To identify the roles and responsibilities of a peer mentor
- To understand safeguarding procedures
- To understand how to communicate and listen effectively
- Be able to identify personal qualities and skills, including completing a Personal Development Plan focusing on future development
- To understand what is involved in the peer mentoring process
- To carry out peer mentoring and observe others in the role
- To understand how your peer mentoring programme will be delivered
Fees and booking
To enquire about our peer mentoring training please complete this form. A member of the Kidscape team will then be in touch to discuss a potential booking.
If you would like further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost of session
- 3 hour group session (either twilight or half day): £550
- Full day training for young people: £825
Please note: These costings are to be considered as a guide only and do not include the trainer's travel or accommodation expenses where applicable. VAT may be also be applicable.