Online safety for professionals (CPD accredited)
Online safety for professionals will equip each delegate with the knowledge and tools to deal with inappropriate online behaviour, incidents of cyber bullying, online exploitation and online identity risks.
The full day course meets Ofsted guidance. All delegates will be presented with a CPD accredited certificate on completion.
Learning outcomes (full day)
On completion of the course delegates will:
- know what cyberbullying is and how professionals can recognise and tackle it.
- have gained insight into the online behaviours of children and young people and the associated risks.
- be able to recognise the benefits and dangers of social media including those associated with the sharing of personal information, files, pictures and videos in addition to the use of webcam.
- have a clear understanding of what professionals can do to keep young people safe online.
- be able to recognise what constitutes best practice e-safety policies and procedures.
- know how professionals can be targets of online bullying and trolling, or have their reputations damaged.
- be able to create practical strategies in how professionals can protect their online identity and how this links with safeguarding.
- understand the professional and personal rights and responsibilities that teachers and those working with children and young people have.
Professionals who work with children and young people in schools, alternative education providers, youth centres, family support venues, community groups, leisure centres and all other environments where adults have a duty of care to young people.
Fees and booking
Our specialist trainers can deliver training in your school or organisation across the UK or internationally. To make a training enquiry please complete this form. A member of our team will then be in touch to discuss a potential booking.
If you would like further information or to talk directly to a member of our team, please call us on 020 7730 3300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Length of session
- Half day (up to 3.5 hours): £420.00
- Twilight: £395.00
- Full day: £550.00
Please note: These costings are to be considered as a guide only and do not include international bookings or the trainer's travel or accommodation expenses where applicable.