Apply for ZAP
ZAP is a FREE one-day workshop for children and young people aged 9-16 who have experienced bullying.
The core focus of ZAP is to teach young people how to be assertive, a proven technique for preventing and tackling bullying.
Other workshop objectives are to raise confidence and self-esteem, achieved through the use of positive reinforcement throughout the day, and interaction with the other young people they meet, enabling them to realise that they are not alone in their experience and that they are not to blame.
It also equips parents and carers with the skills and confidence to support their child after the workshop.
The success of this approach is shown in the positive outcomes of the ZAP workshop, and the fantastic feedback we receive from the families who attend.
Of the young people who attend:
- 96% of young people feel more confident
- 98% feel more able to be assertive
- 95% feel better about themselves
- 72% experience less bullying
- 90% of young people report improvements in mental health
- 80% have improved self-esteem
- 77% of young people are self-harming less
- 87% of children report improvements to their schooling
- 79% are going to school more often
- 91% of young people feel family relationships have improved
- 91% of young people feel more supported by their parents
“Thank you so much for helping me through this hard time” - young person
Parents also benefit and report feeling less alone (98%), and having gained greater knowledge about how to communicate effectively with the school (98%). After two months, 70% have been able to find out more about local sources of support, and 91% feel more able to support their child.
“It made me realise that I haven't done anything wrong as a parent, we are not on our own with this, there are others out there going through the same situations, and we can get support” - ZAP parent
Hear from ZAP workshop participants and their families