Aims and outcomes
PACS has trained more than 4,000 young people to date with excellent results.
- Provide a creative and interactive programme for vulnerable and challenging young people using positive assertiveness strategies for dealing with situations of conflict.
- Enable young people to understand how to use assertive behaviour in response to challenging situations.
- Encourage young people to use mediation as a tool when faced with challenging situations.
- Develop young people's social skills and social interaction.
- Raise confidence and boost young people's self-esteem, thereby enabling them to create and sustain a stronger sense of their own identity.
Outcomes so far
The project, which is in its third year of delivery, has trained more than 4,000 young people to date with excellent results:
- The feedback from young people and the schools has been extremely positive.
- High demand from schools for the PACS initiative in Essex.
- Kidscape PACS observation visits confirmed consistently the high quality delivery of the training, and young people's engagement and enjoyment was evident in every session observed by Kidscape.
- Exceptionally high attendance rate - more than 95% of those who started their PACS training completed the six week course.