ZAP in Schools Workshop Volunteer
- Opportunities in London, Northampton, Leicester, Cardiff, Newcastle, Sunderland, Cheltenham and Gloucester
- Suggested commitment: one workshop/lesson a month
ZAP in Schools is a 30 minute assembly followed by a two hour classroom based workshop for children in upper primary, lower secondary school ages. The aim of the workshop is to increase the confidence of children by providing an empowering and practical workshop that increases levels of confidence and provide techniques for dealing with excessive teasing and bullying and developing a positive sense of self.
Main duties and responsibilities
As a ZAP in Schools volunteer you are required to:
- Provide guidance to the children and young people in the workshop tasks
- Provide the children and young people with emotional support and encouragement
- Assist the ZAP trainer with the workshop activities
- Assist the ZAP trainer with the setting up and tidying of the workshop space
- Complete tasks as given by the ZAP trainer
How to apply
To be considered for this volunteer position, please complete the volunteer application form below, attaching your CV and a short statement of interest (no more than one side of A4) demonstrating how you meet the skills and experience required for the role.