RISE moving up to secondary school with confidence
The Kidscape RISE programme has supported thousands of children over the last four years with the key transition from primary to secondary school, with additional modules supporting children with the return to school post lockdown.
The focus of the RISE Programme is on understanding and adjusting to social change rather than the practical arrangements of transition. The programme aims to increase the confidence of children by providing an empowering and practical workshop that increases levels of confidence and provides techniques for managing change, making friends, dealing with conflict and bullying and developing a positive sense of self.
The RISE programme is designed as a ‘Train the Trainer’ model, we have produced 10 core modules that will support schools specifically aimed at Primary and Secondary school education staff.
All workshops will be delivered via our online learning platform and facilitated throughout.
Staff will receive comprehensive materials to assist with delivery of RISE within their school.
95% felt happier about moving up to secondary school
94% felt more confident about making new friends
94% felt more able to handle a bullying situation
90% felt more able to ask for help
Rise will support young people to
• Feel more confident about the transition to secondary school.
• Be able to understand and manage their own emotions.
• Have a stronger sense of self.
• Understand how to form positive relationships with others and handle conflict.
• Feel more confident in managing peer pressure.
• Understand how to identify a bullying situation and take positive action to stop it.
• Have a range of strategies for staying safe.
• Know where to seek help and support.
School staff will receive the following to support them deliver the programme:
- RISE facilitator manual - covering the 10 modules, and how each activity works.
- RISE direct delivery course.
- RISE pupil handbook.
- One-to-one Kidscape support.
- RISE Parent & Carer guide.
“It helped me with my confidence to make new friends at secondary school. You get to ask all the questions you would probably worry about and never ask. It was awesome!”
'The tried and tested content is really good. It is difficult to know from a primary school perspective what will be most helpful, so having this all laid out is wonderful. I will find the print outs and resources especially helpful and it will save so much time for busy school staff'."
"Everything was explained clearly. Having the goals and the outcomes of each activity laid clear was nice, as it gives you the confidence to mould the activities to fit the needs of your children."
Upcoming virtual course dates
Virtual delivery duration: 2.5 hrs
The next dates for our webinar-based session are:
- Thursday 19th January 2023 | 10.00 am - 12.30 pm
- Thursday 9th February 2023 | 12.00 pm - 2.30 pm
- Thursday 16th March 2023 | 3.00 pm -5.30 pm
- Thursday 13th April 2023 | 3.00 pm - 5.30 pm
How to apply
Our training programmes are subsidised by charitable giving.
To find out more about availability and cost in your area please email email@example.com.