Raise funds for Kidscape
Friendship Friday will be celebrated on Friday 20th November 2020, at the end of Anti-Bullying Week. Why not celebrate Friendship Friday in your school, workplace or home and help raise vital funds for Kidscape’s life changing work? Kidscape celebrates Friendship Friday each November, but you could hold your own event on any Friday of the year.
Where will the money go?
Kidscape gives practical support to prevent bullying and protect young lives. We do this through:
- Building communities of support
- Reducing isolation and loneliness
- Promoting positive relationships
- Supporting resilience and wellbeing
- Helping children recognise and respond to bullying behaviour.
As a small team of staff and volunteers working with thousands of children each year - your money means a great deal to us, and every penny will go towards keeping children safe.
Walk with Kidscape and Elmer
Kidscape is delighted to work in partnership with Andersen Press and Elmer the Patchwork Elephant. The Elmer books are a wonderful way to introduce stories of friendship, kindness and respect with young children, which is why Elmer is the main feature of our school’s resources pack.
In the book Elmer's Walk, Elmer and his friend Wilbur take time to stop and enjoy the world around them.
We encourage friends, family and colleagues across the UK to take some time out and ‘Walk with Kidscape and Elmer’.
This is a great way to help people get to know one another better while enjoying the health benefits of spending time in the great outdoors.
Why not organise a walk (as current rules allow in your area) and use it as an opportunity to raise funds for Kidscape so we can help many more children and families facing the devastating effects of bullying?
Organising a walk
- Plan a route – it doesn’t need to be Land’s End to John O’Groats, a few blocks, twice around the playground or car park or even to the sandwich shop will do.
- Wear your brightest colours to cheer everyone up!
Other fundraising ideas
If you are not able to organise a sponsored walk there are many other ways you can raise funds for Kidscape:
- Have a 'wear your brightest colours' day - - could cheer up the classroom, workplace or even a ZOOM call!
- Celebrate odd socks day with children or staff wearing odd socks
- Organise a virtual quiz
- Donate to Kidscape this year rather than sending Christmas cards
- Make Kidscape your company charity of the year
These are a few of our favourites, but you can find more ideas here.
Need inspiration? Then please email us email@example.com
Help with Bullying in the Workplace
This training has been developed to support adults to recognise and respond to bullying and harassment.