Community Leader Programme
In 2020 we launched the Kidscape Community Leader Programme. Our vision is that all children are safe from bullying and harm. We believe that the best way to make that happen is to build communities of support with adults and children empowered to take action to stop bullying.
"Excellent training - Very thought-provoking!" - Workshop participant
Our Community Leader programme is currently open to adults who work with children and young people and have an opportunity to change young lives for the better.
As a Kidscape Community Leader you will:
- Share our vision to create a world where all children are safe from bullying and harm
- Understand the impact of bullying on young lives
- Be able to identify the signs and symptoms that a child may be experiencing bullying
- Learn practical strategies that support children with emotional health, relationships and bullying (face to face and online)
- Have the knowledge to signpost children and families to help
- Join a community of people who are passionate about taking positive action together
The success of the Community Leader training is shown in the positive outcomes and the fantastic feedback we receive from the adults who attend.
Of the people who attend:
- 100% felt more equipped with practical strategies to handle bullying situations.
- 93% felt more knowledgeable about the causes and impact of bullying.
- 93% felt more understanding of who, when and where to signpost to for additional support around bullying issues
"It was beneficial understanding how different aspects of bullying can effect people in different ways and how different people chose to help deal with the problems." - Workshop participant
We currently have funding to train Community Leader in South Wales and London.
Upcoming Community Leader virtual delivery dates
Workshops will be delivered virtually via Zoom throughout 2020/2021
How to apply
To find out more about the Community Leader Programme LONDON, please email Tom Bucher our Programmes and Volunteering Manager, Tom@kidscape.org.uk.
To find out more about the Community Leader Programme WALES, please email Carole Phillips our Kidscape Representative Wales , Carole@kidscape.org.uk.
To fund Community Leader training for staff in your workplace
If you would like to fund Community Leader training for staff in your workplace or local community please email Lauren Seager-Smith, CEO, Lauren@kidscape.org.uk.